The advantage of using the Blackboard email system is that you can quickly and reliably reach your whole class without leaving the Blackboard interface. These email messages are not retained by Blackboard and no record of these communications is available.
Email your class
- To reach the email system for a particular class, navigate to that course in Blackboard.
- Click the Send Email in the class menu on the left.
- The next screen will show a variety of messaging options, there are four main ones you will mostly use.
- All Users - Emails everyone in the class, students and instructors
- All Student Users - Sends an email to all students in the class
- All Instructor Users - Emails all instructors in the class
- Single/Select Users - Sends an email to a specific user or groups of users
- All choices have a similar screen for composing messages.
- Give your message a Subject and then type your message in the Message box.
- Check the Return Receipt box if you would like a copy of the email to be sent to you.
- You can also attach a file by clicking Attach file.
- Click Submit to send your message.
Email someone specific
You can also send a message to a single specific user or a group of users.
- Click Email Single/Select User
- Click the user's name to select that user as the recipient.
- Move that user to the Selected side by clicking the right-pointing arrow [⮞] in between the middle of the boxes.
- If you want to remove a user from the Selected box, click their name, then click the left pointing arrow [⮜].
- Follow the steps in Email your class above to write and send your message.