With the Microsoft licensing we have in place Teams is becoming our primary communications and sharing platform for the University. Most users at Concordia University can get full access to Teams with their Office 365 access provided as student, staff, or faculty.
Teams allows individual users to have access to Webex-like functionality without having to share a single Webex account, as is the current setup for Webex access.
- Teams makes it easy to have adhoc standup meetings with your classmates or colleagues, connecting remote employees and online students with high quality video connections and phone calls. Or schedule a meeting in Outlook and add a Teams component to the Outlook invitation before sending.
- Teams allows for coordination between all of your team members via chat, document/file sharing and it has an excellent meeting platform!
- Create a more cohesive team with your Student Workers by creating a Team and adding your SWs. Student Workers have access to Teams and can be included in team documentation housed in connected OneNote notebooks or other tool integrations with your team.
- Guests and external users can be invited to Teams, allowing cross-company / school collaborations.
- Teams has mobile applications for iOS and Android, making the phone call features seamlessly integrate with your smartphone. No need to share your personal cell phone number with people. Have them call you on Teams!
- Schedule meetings quickly with Teams, and integrate with your Outlook calendar easily.