Prior to setting up a Teams meeting via this instruction, you will need to have the Teams desktop app installed on the computer running Outlook that you will be using for this process.
- Create an Outlook calendar meeting or open the existing calendar invitation in Outlook.
- On the Meeting tab of the Outlook calendar invitation, locate the Teams Meeting button.
- Click the Teams Meeting button to automatically input “join” information into the Outlook meeting invite for Teams.
- The subject will change to indicate "Microsoft Teams Meeting", but can also be edited to include your in-person location, if a shared event.
- Settings for the meeting are available in the Meeting options link included in the information automatically aded to the Outlook invitation. (Including the options to change whether guests outside of CUP can join without waiting in the Teams lobby for approval)
- Participants invited via this invitation can click the link they receive to easily join the meeting from a web browser, the Teams desktop app, or on the mobile Teams app.
- Click the Send button to officially "schedule" the Teams meeting and send the information to your participants.
- Outside participants can join Teams meetings as guest users, which will give them limited access.
- If you remove this information from the invitation before sending it, you will need to re-create your Outlook information from the first step in this article outlined above.