To allow an additional attempt on an individual assignment, without changing it for the entire course, you can use the method below.
Add an additional submission attempt (per student)
- Enter the Full Grade Center.
- Locate the assignment and student in need of an additional attempt.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the cell for the student's submission to reveal the context menu button.
- Click the small grey arrow in the cell for the submitted assignment to access the menu options.
- Select View Grade Details.
- On the Grade Details page, locate the button at the bottom to Allow Additional Attempt.
- Click the OK button in the confirmation popup box to finish the process.
- You will see a confirmation screen with the new "attempt" indicated as available for your student.
- This option is only available if the student has already completed their allowed submissions. You will not see this button if submission attempts are available for the student.
- If you want to allow more submission attempts for your entire class, use the instructions in our article on allowing unlimited attempts.