What is Banner?
- Banner is a comprehensive database and information system
- The Banner ERP system consists of multiple integrated systems that share a common database
- Banner allows users to maintain student, alumni, financial aid, finance, and personnel data in a single database
How can I get access?
- Access is initially requested by hiring supervisor or their coordinator
- Additional access can be requested and will require supervisor or data owner approval depending on request
- Your hiring manager or team can direct to you to the secure login URL for Banner.
- For security purposes, we will not publish this information on a publicly available resource.
- You may also find the login on the I:\ drive, in I:\campus\Banner, in the PDF copy of the presentation version of this information. Look for a PDF titled "Banner Basics.pdf"
Navigate Banner: General Menu
Banner Object Menu
Search for Banner forms
Banner data security
Make sure to log out of your session when done!
Hit the Logout icon.
DO NOT close the browser without logging out.
- Personally identifiable information, such as SSN and DOB must be stored in a secure location
- DO NOT use your personal phone to take pictures of student data! This can be a liability if your device now contains FERPA-protected data
- Be cautious about saving data to flash drives or other portable storage devices
- DO NOT send FERPA-protected student data using email
- Request an Argos dashboard to provide you with key information to perform tasks more effectively
- Assist with preventing data integrity issues by following procedures established by your department and auditing data entry
- Utilize the Address Standards document to ensure our addresses are updated correctly and by the managing department