This article describes how to add a Zoom Meeting portal tool link in your Blackboard course.
First-time access to Zoom
Note: You must use your official @cu-portland.edu email address on Blackboard to use Zoom. Edit your Blackboard email address using these instructions.
Before attempting to add a Zoom tool link in your course, you must initialize your account.
Please navigate to this web address to set up your account by signing in with your network credentials. This is only required for faculty and not for students.
You should only need to do this the first time you use Zoom.
Add a Zoom link to a content area
- Navigate to the course in Blackboard and make sure Edit Mode is set to ON.
- Open the content area you wish to add the portal link
- In the Tools menu, choose More Tools
- Next, click Zoom Meeting
- Give the portal link a name, such as "Zoom Meeting Portal".
- Add a description if you wish.
- Click Submit.
- This will create a link for launching into the Zoom meeting portal.
Add a Zoom link to your course sidebar menu
- Navigate to the course in Blackboard and make sure Edit Mode is set to On.
- Hover your mouse over the circle with the plus in it within the left sidebar (see photo)
- Choose Tool Link
- Give the Tool Link a name, such as "Zoom Meeting Portal".
- Under the Type drop-down menu, select Zoom Meeting.
- To be visible to students in your course, check the box to make the link Available to Users.
- This will add a portal link to the sidebar, where it will be accessible from anywhere in the course.