What is 'Degree Works'?
Degree Works pulls information from your academic record, both submitted official college transcripts and courses completed at CU, to show you a comprehensive view of courses that are completed, in progress* and outstanding. Degree Works is a tech savvy check sheet. It shows you the course requirements for your declared major(s), minor(s), and honors program, specific to the catalog year you began at CU!
*Please note: If you are retaking a course that you already earned a grade in, the course will show as pending because CU's policy states that the most recent grade, regardless if it is higher or lower than the original, is the grade that will ultimately count towards your degree.
Where do I log in to find Degree Works?
You can access Degree Works through MyCU under the Student tab.
When should I use Degree Works? Anytime!
Use Degree Works Audit when:
- Reviewing progress towards degree with an Academic and Career Advisor.
- Creating a list of questions to discuss with an Academic and Career Advisor.
- Identifying courses that need to be completed.
- Selecting courses that meet the declared degree requirements.
- Determining a projected graduation date.
- Choosing a major.
- Deciding whether to add a minor.
- Evaluating progress towards degree completion.
Why should I use Degree Works? To take responsibility for completing your degree and celebrating all you've already accomplished!
Degree Works will help you:
- Determine what requirements you need to fulfill in order to complete the declared degree.
- View individual course grades, cumulative grade-point average (GPA), and major specific grade-point average.
- Determine which courses you have taken or transferred, and how they apply to the degree path. Some will fulfill specific courses and some will fulfill electives.
- View transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied toward degree path.
- Estimate how many semesters it will take you to graduate.
- Learn the prerequisites and co-requisites for courses by clicking on the course numbers.
How do I read/understand my Degree Works report? Let's break it down!
- The top of your worksheet displays your information (Name, G#, Current GPA, Major, Minor, Athletics, Application to Graduation etc.).
- Below your identifying information is a progress bar displaying the percentage of your degree remaining.
- The percentage is based off of all the facets needed to earn a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree. (ie: upper division credits earned, total credits earned, grade-point average, etc)
- Below the progress bar, course work is categorized into at least three different sections. In each section, requirements for the degree are listed.
- Sections include: Bachelor of Arts/Science requirements, General Education Requirements, Major Requirements, Minor Requirements, and Program Specific Requirements (ex: Honors Program).
- For each individual course listed, there is a checkbox on the far left indicating if the course is complete, in-progress, or not complete.
- Each course will list the course number, course title, the earned grade (if applicable), the number of credits either earned or in progress (if applicable) and the term the course was completed or is anticipated to be completed.
- At the bottom of the worksheet you can view your elective credits, repeated courses, and registered or currently enrolled courses.
- The left-hand side toolbar displays a legend so you can decipher which courses are completed, in progress or outstanding.
Can I register for classes in Degree Works? You cannot.
- Initial registration and registration adjustments are still handled through Academic Advising or through My.CU if an Alternate PIN has been obtained.
- Degree Works serves rather as replacement to the checksheet where one can see how courses are meeting requirements for the declared degree.
- Degree Works is neither an Official nor Unofficial Transcript.
- You can view your unofficial transcript in MyCU or request a copy of your Official Transcripts through the Office of the Registrar.
Does Degree Works show my Transfer Coursework? You betcha!
- All courses transferred to Concordia via an Official Transcript from other colleges or universities should display in Degree Works on your degree audit.
- If you have completed coursework that doesn't seem to appear on the audit, contact Academic Advising.
- Your first course of action will likely be to confirm that Concordia received the most updated final transcript from the college or university you attended.
*Degree Works is in a "soft launch" phase meaning there may be some transcript conversion errors.
Additionally, some options such as "What If" may not be available.
If something looks incorrect, contact Academic Advising.*
For more Frequently Asked Questions please visit: http://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/registrar/degree-works