With the upgrade to MyCU, you may need to clear your browser cache and update your MyCU bookmark(s) to ensure you can successfully access the tool.
The most common errors experienced are HTTPS Status 404 Not Found, or 500 Internal Server Error.
To resolve these errors, use the steps for resolution in this resource, as they apply to your situation.
Clear your cache (Chrome)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More
- Click More tools.
- On the menu options, choose Clear browsing data.
- Select All time.
- Check the box next to Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Clear your cache (Firefox)
- Click the menu button
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data
- Remove the check in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close this tab when you are finished. Your changes will be saved automatically.
If you continue to experience this issue in Firefox...
You may need to review your Firefox configuration settings. These instructions will walk you through adjusting this.
- In Firefox, enter about:config into the URL field and click your Enter key
- If you encounter a "Proceed with caution" warning, Accept the Risk and Continue.
- At the top of the configuration page, there is a search bar.
- Type redirect into this search bar, which will populate a list of settings below the search field.
- In this populated list, locate network.http.prompt-temp-redirect
- Change this setting from true to false by clicking the toggle button on the right.
- You can close this tab now.
- Next, clear your Firefox cache.
- Return to MyCU via this URL: https://mycu.cu-portland.edu
Update your MyCU bookmarks
With this important update to MyCU, you will need to update your bookmarks to ensure you are able to access the site.
The easiest method is to remove your existing MyCU bookmark(s) and create a new bookmark to https://mycu.cu-portland.edu
If you would prefer to adjust existing bookmarks:
We do not recommend use of other browsers at this time. Internet Explorer and Safari have known issues with many technologies. For the best experience with all CUP technology, please use a supported browser: Firefox or Chrome.