Course registration at Concordia University can typically be completed in your MyCU account. To access MyCU, you will use your G# and PIN. Learn more about accessing MyCU in our resource. For assistance with registration, please consult your Academic and Career Advisor.
How to register for courses
For assistance with registration, please consult your Academic and Career Advisor.
- Log into your MyCU Account
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter your login information (your User ID is your G#)
- Click Student & Financial Aid
- Click Registration
- Click Look Up Classes
- Select the term you are registering for.
- Make sure you register for you courses for the entire academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer)
- Select the subject you want to view.
- Next, select Course Search
- Refer to your roadmap for the subjects and courses to select
- View Sections for the courses you are interested/need to take.
- You will be taken to following screen.
To register for a section:
- Check the box in the Select column.
- Enter your Alternate PIN
- Use all capital letters
- Your Alternate PIN is found in the top portion of your Degree Works account
When the course appears at the top of the screen, under Current Schedule you are registered for the course!
- If Registration Add Error appears, you are not registered for the class.
- Read the message under Status to see why you could not register for the course
- Common Errors: Pre-requisite error = you do not have the prerequisites to register for this course.
- Click Class Search to continue searched for more classes to add to your schedule.
Are you graduating sometime next year (Fall, Spring or Summer)?
- Complete your graduation application on MyCU after you register.
- You should receive a submission confirmation over email.
- Keep the confirmation until you receive your Graduation Checklist from the Office of the Registrar.
Course registration: FAQ
- ① TBA means the course is online.
- ② CAP means the number of spots in the course, ACT means how many students are in the course already, and REM means the number of spots left in the course
- ③ Course start and end date. Be sure to make a note of accelerated courses as they are only 8 weeks and move much quicker than full semester courses. Additionally some 8 week courses are restricted for only certain majors to take.
Register for the entire academic year: FALL, SPRING, and SUMMER!
- If you register for a science course (BIO264 / BIO365 / ESS472 / CHM211)s:
- Also register for the Lab portion of the class (BIO264L / BIO364L / ESS472L / CHM211L, etc).
Make sure you register for the correct number of credits for Art Studio and Internship classes.
- When you register it automatically registers for 1 credit.
- To change the credits, click the blue hyperlink number and select the appropriate credits you need.
- Then select Submit
What does WR 30X on my roadmap mean?
- This means that you need to select a 300 level writing class, such as WR303 / WR304 / WR305 / WR307 / WR308.
What if I cannot select a class/there is no checkbox next to the course section that I want?
- If there is a "C" next to the class that you want (instead of a checkbox), then that particular section is full and, you will not be able to register yourself for it.
- Your options are to:
- Register for a different section of the class; and/or
- Keep checking periodically to see if a space becomes available.
Have you considered adding important Career Development classes to your schedule? These credits will help you fulfill required electives and will prepare you for life after college!
- LDR 298: Sophomore Commitment (Fall Semester)
- LDR 398: Junior Commitment (Spring Semester)
- LDR 498: Senior Commitment (Spring Semester)
What if MyCU won't let me add a course that is open, and that I have met the prerequisites for?
- Sometimes this happens.
- Write down the CRN for the class that you want.
- Then, after you have registered for all of your other classes, contact an academic advisor for help registering for the class(es) that you had trouble with.
Where can I find the prerequisites for a certain class?
- You may visit the Concordia University website at http://www.cu-portland.edu/
- Click Current Students at the top of the page
- Then click Course Schedule in the middle of the page.
- Search for the class you are interested in and then click the course title.
- Information on the various sections and a brief course description will appear.
- Prerequisites are found at the end of the course description.
What does it mean if a class has an "H" next to it? (e.g., HUM 351H)
- This indicates it is an HONORS class.
- Only students accepted into the Honor's program can take these courses.