Are you new to working remotely? Don't worry, we have you covered. Whether you are staff or faculty, resources are available to work remotely for a variety of needs.
Meet with anyone
Using Microsoft Teams or Zoom, you can meet with anyone, regardless of whether they have a provisioned CUP account or not.
Zoom can be used by faculty for instructional purposes. Teams is available for all other meeting needs.
The Tech Center is prepared to assist with Teams needs as needed. Zoom provides 24/7 support for their product.
Use Teams to have meetings
- You can use Microsoft Teams to have adhoc meetings on the fly using the Meet now feature or do a Teams Live Event, or you can schedule meetings using Outlook with Teams added.
- If you do not have Teams installed, instructions are available here to get you started.
Use Zoom to conduct class
(Flipped Classroom Tutorials, 2020)
- Zoom is available for pedagogical needs in your Blackboard courses.
- To use Zoom, first follow the instructions to sign in to Zoom and 'authenticate' your account for the first time.
- Then, you can add the Zoom virtual class to your course in Blackboard. (Your course must be deployed to Blackboard for this to be an option.)
Meet with anyone
Access the CUP Network
Accessing the Concordia University-Portland Network via home is quick and easy on a Windows computer or Mac when using the VPN (virtual private network).
The VPN allows you to securely access the Network safely from your home internet.
VPN / Network Drive
VPN & Network (shared) drive
Email / Office 365
If you are working from your personal computer, get access to your CUP email, OneDrive files, Teams, and more by signing into your Office 365 account.
After signing into your account, you can click any of the tabs to access the web tools, or you can follow the on-screen instruction and install the desktop versions of the apps to your personal computer for full functionality.