Blackboard allows you to share and embed video from certain video sharing websites that have content available to the public. The video must be publicly available to use the embed tools, in most cases.
Start by grabbing the embed code for your video and then head to your Blackboard course.
Videos in your course
- Within the course you want to add your video, navigate into the content area in the sidebar where you want to add the video.
- If you would like to add the video to an announcement, follow this process within the Announcements tool.
- On the Create Item page, add a title in the Name field for this new video resource.
- In the Text editor menu, click the HTML button to launch the code viewer window.
- If you have not already, open a new tab with your YouTube video and copy the aforementioned Embed Video code you retrieved from YouTube.
- Paste this Embed Video code into the HTML popup in Blackboard.
- Click the Update button on the HTML code view popup window.
- Click the Submit button on the video Create Item page to finalize your new video.
- Your video will be displayed and posted in your course!