Percentage columns are included in many fully-online courses, and can be helpful in confirming grades and helping students track their progress within the program's grading schema.
Sometimes, this column can stop performing unexpectedly. This article will include instructions on how to resolve issues and add this column to your course in Blackboard.
Add a percentage column
Before beginning the steps below, enter the course in Blackboard.
- Navigate to the Grade Center, by clicking the small grey arrow next to the menu link for Grade Center.
- Alternatively, you can expand Grade Center and click Full Grade Center to access the Grade Center.
- Within the Grade Center in your course, click Create Calculated Column and choose Total Column from the options.
- On the Create Total Column page, enter a Column Name like "Percentage".
- Choose Percentage from the options in the Primary Display menu.
- Under the Select Columns section, choose the radio button to Include in Total All Grade Columns
- Under the Options section, choose the radio button for No to Include this column in Grade Center calculations.
- Click the Submit button to save your new percentage total column to your course Grade Center.
Resolve errors with percentage columns
Enter the course having the issues with the percentage column and then follow the instructions below.
- Edit the column by clicking the small grey arrow next to the title in the header bar and then selecting Edit Column Information.
- Because the column is not performing, you will immediately receive an error like below:
- Click the OK button on the error message.
- Scroll down the Edit Total Column page to the Select Columns section.
- Click the radio button to choose All Grade Columns, which will automatically load the correct columns that are graded and should be included in this calculation.
- Save and close by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.