Migration of Outlook 365 to Gmail may take up to 2 days, depending upon the size and number of emails. This method imports only the Inbox folder.
Note: The Tech Center cannot assist with this process or the transfer of items. Your mileage may vary with this process, depending on factors outside of our knowledge, unique to your new situation.
If you experience issues, please consult your new IT department, or the Google troubleshooter below.
Export emails from Office 365 to Gmail
- Open your new (or existing) Gmail account.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Open the Accounts and Import tab at the top.
- Click the link to Import mail and contacts.
If you do not see this setting, it may be because the administrator for Gmail account hasn't allowed users to import mail.
- Enter your CUP student email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Continue.
- Enter the POP information for Office 365 and click Continue.
- Ensure the Port is set correctly for your new Gmail account's settings.
- Ensure that Use SSL is checked.
- Select the import options relevant to you.
- After you click Start import, look at the Import mail and contacts setting to confirm import has begun.
- If you see a message that your account requires another confirmation, click Proceed.
Visit Gmail's import mail troubleshooter to see if your issue is listed.