As a human subjects researcher, according to 45 CFR 46.115(b), it is required to safely store data collected for a minimum of three (3) years. Due to closure of Concordia University–Portland (CUP), we are discontinuing the Qualtrics account which was provided to you as a service while you were a student.
- Qualtrics access ends at the time of your CUP account closure date.
- For most of you this will be May 29, 2020.
- Equal to your account closure date, 30 days past the end of your final class date, our university-provided CUP Qualtrics will no longer be available.
You must export your Qualtrics data immediately so that you can do your legal responsibility to safely store the data for a minimum of three (3) years.
- You can save this data on a flash drive (USB) or other password protected hardware.
- You must keep any data that includes a link to the personal identifying information (PII) safely and under password protection (for digital information) and/or a locked filing cabinet (for paper information, such as consent forms) for a minimum of three years.
- After this, the data needs to be deleted/destroyed.
- If you are transferring to another IRB, then the authorized individual at the IRB also has authority to review the information with the PII as they determine necessary steps to protect human subjects.
- If you are one of the very few people who are in the middle of executing a Qualtrics Survey such that the survey has not closed, you will need on how to finish your data collection, close the survey, and then export the data.
- If you are still collecting data from a CUP Qualtrics survey that is active, and has ongoing human subjects participation, please contact OraLee Branch via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Export your Qualtrics data
- You can logon using the CUP intranet portal, https://portal.cu-portland.edu/, where Qualtrics is a tab in the middle of the tabs available on this webpage.
- Sign into Qualtrics.
- You will be taken to a list of your projects in the All Projects section.
- Click the … on the right-hand side of your project that you want to export.
- Choose Data & Analysis
- Next, click the tab to Export & Import, located in the upper-right portion of this screen.
- From the options in the menu, select Export Data.
- You can export your information to Excel (.XLSX), .CSV, .TSV file (which is good for large amounts of text).
- Click the Download button to start the export process for your data.